East Central Indiana Business Incubator Programs
The Innovation Connector helps new entrepreneurs with truly unique business ideas turn their dreams into a reality by supporting and accelerating the creation of successful technology-based and emerging companies in order to improve the economy of Muncie and east central Indiana.
The Innovation Connector seeks to:
• Provide expertise to participants through advisors
• Leverage the resources of Ball State University, Ball Memorial Hospital, local government, and community partners
• Advance the entrepreneurial culture in our area
• Conduct business in a fair and ethical manner
• Create and attract jobs
• Connect entrepreneurs to resources and assistance
• Provide a supportive environment for participants
• Share knowledge between new and existing companies
The CO: LAB is a collaborative co-working space for entrepreneurs, independent professionals, freelancers, and startup businesses. It offers a community work environment designed to bring members together to share expertise, facilitate networking and grow professional relationships. Co-working is built around the idea that entrepreneurs can be more innovative and creative when they are surrounded by other people growing their own businesses. It is the social, collaborative, and informal aspects of the process that often appeal to those who use it.
The Purdue College of Technology Makerspace/Flagship Innovation Hub – Anderson
A partnership between the Flagship Enterprise Center, Purdue University College of Technology and the City of Anderson will build a Makerspace/Flagship Innovation Hub to strengthen the regional innovation ecosystem. The Hub will offer the facilities and equipment needed to train, tinker, invent, and prototype and provide affordable industrial incubation space to grow businesses.
This initiative will:
• Form powerful partnerships bridging industry, economic and workforce development and education
• Build facilities and provide equipment critical to starting and growing businesses and training a skilled workforce
• Invest in the talent, skills and training of people to build a renowned workforce pathway system
The Center City Development Corporation is a resource for business owners, entrepreneurs, and community members alike. The purpose of the organization is to be a leading action-oriented community organization; to help small business to continue to grow and prosper, to develop and implement community development projects, and to be a resource that benefits both small and large businesses and community members.
The Innovation Center is available for meetings and also serves as a business incubator for technology-related businesses.
The Refinery Business Center is a dynamic, affordable work environment for entrepreneurs, non-profits, remote workers, small businesses, contractors, start-ups, students, and all other types of independent professionals.
Director of Community Relations
Elevate Ventures nurtures and develops emerging and existing high-potential businesses into high-performing, Indiana-based companies. They accomplish this by providing rigorous business analysis and robust advisory services that connect companies with the resources they need to succeed long-term. As a not-for-profit organization, Elevate Ventures is able to offer unbiased, in-depth perspective and recommendations.