From spacious trails to man-made and natural waterways, East Central Indiana offers a variety of recreational opportunities for everyone’s taste. The Cardinal Greenway features over 60 miles of biking and walking trails in the region. There are numerous parks throughout the counties that showcase Indiana’s stunning nature from every season. For those who thrive on adventure, the region has many motorsport parks for a day of fun and entertainment.
• Cardinal Greenway: a scenic 62 mile bike and recreational trail from Marion through Muncie to Richmond
• Prairie Creek Reservoir Park: a beautiful park in Muncie that boasts 1275 acres of water and 750 land acres of recreational activity
• Mounds State Park: located east of Anderson in Madison County, this park features 10 unique earthworks including the Great Mound believed to have been constructed around 160 B.C.
• Summit Lake State Park: a park located in Henry County with more than 2,680 acres for excellent bird watching opportunities and hosts a wildlife observation area
• Brookville Lake: the lake lies in the historic east fork of the Whitewater River Valley and is known for its significant deposit of Ordovician fossils
• New Castle Motorsports Park: a state of the art karting facility in New Castle that features a 1 mile road course in addition to a trackside restaurant and club
• Muncie Dragway: an action-packed dragway that features 1/4 and 1/8 mile racing tracks